Big Data. Sensitive Data. Stolen Data. It seems like everyone is talking about data lately,…
Spring 10 started to roll out last night to a few of the instances. One of the big enhancements with Spring 10 is the upgrade to the Salesforce mobile lite edition.
- The biggest enhancement is that you can now edit and delete records from any standard object from your mobile device. Previously, Mobile Lite was read only. This includes leads, contacts, opportunities and accounts – so your basic sales needs.
- Blackberry specific improvements
- Blackberry mobile lite now has wifi support
- Email links are now enabled. This is very nice. Now, from blackberry mail, you can click on a salesforce link and it will open directly to your mobile edition. On the road and have a lead or opportunity workflow notification sent to you? Just click on the detail link and you can see the record right from your blackberry.
- Now supports the new 5.0 Blackberry desktop version
- For the iPhone (which I don’t have to see these changes) there are improvements with search and related items which make it easier to locate items not directly on your iPhone.I haven’t seen Mobile Lite on the iPhone, so I’ll take their word this needed improving.
- Looks like a few new devices are supported, including Windows OS. Still no Android support, but you have to assume that’s coming fast.
Most importantly, Mobile Lite is still free for all versions. With Spring 10, salesforce has really enable this to be a powerful sales tool with no additional charge. This is a terrific way to increase sales user adoption, especially for field reps and should be part of any user training and/or new implementation.